The City of Fort Worth Police Department is recruiting 911 Operators. The minimum standard which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position is a High School Diploma or GED. All candidates must be a US citizen at the time of application.
Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a criminal background, drug screen, polygraph examination and fingerprint check. Applicants must not have used marijuana within the last 24 months, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive emergency 9-1-1 and non-emergency calls; gather critical information, evaluate and determine the appropriate responding agency.Other Requirements
All candidates of the City of Fort Worth Police Department must be able to pass:
- All applicants must meet Minimum Standards. Failure to meet Minimum Standards will result in
being immediately disqualified from the hiring process. Minimum Standards are listed at the end of this announcement.
- An extensive background check
- A polygraph examination
- A pre-employment drug screen
- A CJIS fingerprint background check
- A psychological examCritiCall Skills Assessment Examination: All candidates must pass the CritiCall Skills Assessment Test with a passing score of 75 Overall and 3,152 Keystrokes. The CritiCall test is administered between 9 AM – 3 PM, at City Hall, 200 Texas St, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
(No Appointment Necessary but a photo ID is required).
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Extensive telephone and public contact skills;
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.