Starting pay: $17.20 hr
The City of Fort Worth Police Department is recruiting 911 Operators. The minimum standard which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position is a High School Diploma or GED. All candidates must be US citizens at the time of application.
***All education and experience must be reflective on the application and resume***
ALL new hires in this classification are REQUIRED to work 2nd or 3rd shifts, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, and also Mandatory Overtime as necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive emergency 9-1-1 and non-emergency calls; gather critical information, evaluate and determine the appropriate responding agency.
Other Requirements. All candidates of the City of Fort Worth Police Department must be able to pass:
- Applicants must not have used marijuana within the last 24 months, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten (10) years
- All applicants must meet Minimum Standards. Failure to meet Minimum Standards will result in
- being immediately disqualified from the hiring process. Minimum Standards are listed at the end of this announcement.
- An extensive background check
- A polygraph examination
- A pre-employment drug screen
- A CJIS fingerprint background check
- A psychological exam
- CritiCall Skills Assessment Examination: All candidates must pass the CritiCall Skills Assessment Test with a passing score of 62 Overall and 2,504 Keystrokes. The CritiCall test is administered between 9 AM – 3 PM, at City Hall, 200 Texas St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. (No Appointment Necessary but a photo ID is required).